It’s been reported in today’s Metro newspaper that Sienna Miller went to the High Court on Thursday to reject a £100,000 offer from the News of the World and demand £400,000 for her phone being hacked.

The newspaper has admitted liability in her claim for damages for breach of privacy and harassment but says its £100,000 offer is more than she would get if the case was contested.

‘We admit we are liable for all the wrongs,’ Mr. Michael Silverleaf QC, counsel for the NOTW told Mr. Justice Vos.

Speaking for Ms Miller, Hugh Tomlinson QC said: ‘It is not that we have become very greedy’ but £400,000 would be acceptable. He claimed that publishers News Group Newspapers had been ‘consistently deceitful’ over the case.

Sienna Miller is one of many celebrities seeking damages from the paper. Other claimants include her ex-fiancé Jude Law and interior designer Kelly Hoppen,.
Publicist Max Clifford and professional footballers representative Gordon Taylor have settled claims for sums reputedly between £700,000 and £1million.
Labour MP Chris Bryant, who is also suing the newspaper, told Metro on Thursday: ‘Gordon Taylor allegedly got £750,000. We should all get the same amount.’

It looks like this telephone scandal is going to cost the NofW a small or even a large fortune. I wonder if they’ll survive it?